ISI confirmation gives a quality imprint that characterizes the evaluation of the item. The imprint affirms that an item conforms to the Indian Standard, referenced as IS: XXXX on the head of the imprint, created by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), the general guidelines group of India. ISI mark portrays the trust and security of the item. Just ISI mark certified items are favored by the clients. ISI means "Indian Standards Institute," which has made guidelines to keep up the items' quality and well-being. For specific items, ISI accreditation is obligatory before being sold in the Indian market.
Submission of application form duly filled and the required supporting documents and the application fee to the region's branch office where the manufacturing unit is located.
- The Application is examined, along with all the supporting documents submitted by the applicant. The Application gets accepted, and a number is allotted, which is communicated to the applicant for any future correspondence.
- The BIS official completes a pre-examination in 15 days of submission of the Application. The investigation date is commonly settled upon by both the candidate and the BIS official. This investigation is of specialized nature and targets finding out the quality and ability of the item producer. The official assesses the producer's trying and examination office and determines the faculty's competency associated with the item's assembling.
- The item tests are taken randomly and analyzed in BIS approved labs as a value check component.
- The BIS charges extra expenses for the random and independent testing of the item and the primer examination visits to the working day premise's assembling office.
- After a careful investigation and after many routine visits and office facility checks it conducts, the BIS allows the permit. The producer can show the ISI mark logo on the item only after the BIS guarantees the quality and finishes the examination round. The producer needs to pay a stamping expense to show the logo on its item and adjust to the standard testing systems recommended by the BIS.
- Alternatively, the producer can likewise present a self-assessment or confirmation report for the Application's item.
Self-certified copy of any one of the following documents validating the Firm's
- Rent agreement with last rent receipt OR Sale/ Lease Deed agreement.
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Water Bill
- Bank Statement/Pass Book containing the address of the sales outlet.
- Registration with State Government Authority/ Trade Licenses
- Income Tax Assessment Order.
- Premises are not older than three months.
Any one of the following documents as an identity proof of signatory on the Application:
- Aadhar Card
- PAN card
- Driving License
- Voter Identity card
- Photo Credit card
- Photo Bank ATM card
- Arms license
- CGHS/ECHS photo card
- Identity Certificate with photo issued by Gazetted Officer on official letterhead
- Disability ID card/ Handicapped Medical Certificate issued by State Govts
- Freedom Fighter photo card
- Ration/PDS photo card
- Pensioner photo card
- Kissan Photo Passbook
- Photo ID issued by the recognized educational institution